Our Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour (2, 3 or 4 Day) courses are tailored to settings which support adults with mental health difficulties and/or learning disabilities, including residential, day care and supported living centres. This range of courses is aimed at personnel who work with people whom for a variety of reasons, present challenging behaviour.
Upon course completion, participants shall:
- Be able to identify and make consistent responses to challenging behaviours presented by people being supported.
- Develop an awareness of the needs of people being supported and reasons for behaviour both prior to, and during episodes of behaviour escalation.
- To understand and apply the concept of positive behaviour support.
- Understand the functions of behaviour.
- Understand personal responses to situations involving conflict, aggression and violence.
- Develop a range of de-escalation and defusion techniques appropriate to context.
- Develop an awareness of the importance of promoting the dignity, choice and inclusion of people being supported through individualised behaviour planning.
- Be familiar with current legislation and procedural frameworks. • Recognise the importance of promoting a consistent team work approach in responding to the needs of people being supported.
- Have an awareness of gender and cultural issues in relation to developing individual behaviour support plans. Have explored the risks surrounding and associated with Restrictive Physical Intervention.
- Be skilled and competent in an appropriate range of non-restrictive, low arousal techniques, a range of breakaway techniques and more restrictive 1 and 2 person holds.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of Reducing Restrictive Practices.
- Have skills and strategies for restoring the environment post-incident.
DateThursday 21st to Friday 22nd June
VenueThe Pear Tree Hotel, Worcester
Course RequirementsNo prior learning required
|Defusion and De-escalation – Adults||1 day course||> Read More|
|Defusion and De-escalation - Adults||2 day course||> Read More|
|Participant - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour - Adults||2, 3 or 4 day courses||> Read More|
|Instructor - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour - Living with Dementia||2 day course||> Read More|
|Defusion and De-escalation – Children and Young People||1 day||> Read More|
|Participant - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour - Children and Young People||2, 3 or 4 day courses||> Read More|
|Defusion and De-escalation – Children and Young People||2 day course||> Read More|
Combining expertise through training, consultancy, procedures and direct work to improve the lives of vulnerable children and adults.