Our Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour (2, 3 or 4 Day) courses are tailored to Children’s Homes (open and secure), Schools and Fostering Services. This range of courses is aimed at personnel who work with children and young people whom for a variety of reasons, present challenging behaviour.
Upon course completion, participants shall:
- Be able to identify and make consistent responses to challenging behaviours presented by children and young people.
- Develop an awareness of the needs of children and young people and reasons for behaviour both prior to, and during episodes of behaviour escalation.
- To understand and apply the concept of positive behaviour support.
- Understand the functions of behaviour.
- Understand personal responses to situations involving conflict, aggression and violence.
- Develop a range of de-escalation and defusion techniques appropriate to context.
- Develop an awareness of the importance of promoting the dignity, choice and inclusion of children and young people through individualised behaviour planning.
- Be familiar with current legislation and procedural frameworks.
- Have skills and strategies for restoring the environment post-incident.
- Understanding their duties and responsibilities in relation to children and young people leaving without permission or running away from school, the home or foster placement.
- Recognise the importance of promoting a consistent team work approach in responding to the needs of children and young people.
- Have an awareness of gender and cultural issues in relation to developing individual behaviour support plans.
- Have explored the risks surrounding and associated with Restrictive Physical Intervention.
- Be skilled and competent in an appropriate range of non-restrictive, low arousal techniques, a range of breakaway techniques and more restrictive 1 and 2 person holds.
- Develop an understanding of the importance of Reducing Restrictive Practices.
Course RequirementsNo prior learning required
|Defusion and De-escalation – Adults||1 day course||> Read More|
|Defusion and De-escalation - Adults||2 day course||> Read More|
|Participant - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour - Adults||2, 3 or 4 day courses||> Read More|
|Advanced Crisis De escalation and Defusion – Adults (2 day)||
Advanced Crisis De escalation and Defusion – Adults (2 day)> Read More
|Positive Approaches to Living with Dementia||2 day course||> Read More|
|Fostering - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour||1 day course||> Read More|
|Fostering - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour||2 day course||> Read More|
|Fostering Refresher- Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour||1 day course||> Read More|
|Defusion and De-escalation – Children and Young People||1 day||> Read More|
|Participant - Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour - Children and Young People||2, 3 or 4 day courses||> Read More|
|Defusion and De-escalation – Children and Young People||2 day course||> Read More|
Combining expertise through training, consultancy, procedures and direct work to improve the lives of vulnerable children and adults.