Daily rate to be negotiated.
Children’s Homes and Services- West Midlands
We are looking for professional Independent Regulation 44 Visitors to join our team on a self-employed, freelance basis to provide Visiting services on behalf of Reconstruct which are consistent with the National Quality Standards for Children’s Homes.
You will provide a rigorous, thorough and impartial independent visit to Children’s Homes and Services. As a critical friend you will provide detailed reports and action plans.
As a Regulation 44 Visitor for Reconstruct, you will have:
- Understanding and Knowledge of regulated services and their inspection frameworks and also knowledge of current legislation and statutory guidance relating to children, young people and adults at risk particularly those in residential care.
- Candidates must have experience of working within a social or health care organisation, safeguarding and experience of managing complex relationships across a diverse field, e.g. social workers, OFSTED inspectors, residential care workers and registered managers, health care professionals.
- Experience and knowledge of child protection and safeguarding children and young people
- Ability to easily build rapport an identify with children, young people and staff teams
- Ability in the long term to commit to visiting homes on a monthly basis.
- Excellent communication skills, good report writing skills and a high level of critical analysis.
- Excellent time management in order to provide detailed reports in a timely manner.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Candidates should also possess a professional qualification in a related field, i.e. social work, residential care, health care professional, advocacy or youth work.
At Signis provide we provide:
- Professional support and supervision
- A set template and Signis methodology for undertaking visits
- Research briefings on best practice in social care
- Access to online procedures for children’s homes
Reconstruct operates safer recruitment procedures to ensure the protection of the children, young people and adults at risk we work with. An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post if successful, prior to undertaking visits.
If you are interested, please forward your CV to Recruitment@signisgroup.com.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Melanie Burke HR & Contracts Director on 024 7667 8053 / Melanie.Burke@signisgroup.com.
All expressions of interest will be received with the strictest of confidence.